Thursday, December 22, 2011

100 Things I'm Grateful For


Originally posted WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2010

100 blessings in my life

In no particular order, 100 blessings that are in my life:
  1. my children
  2. my husband
  3. my father and his wife
  4. my relatively new relationship with my brother
  5. my grandmother is still alive and well
  6. my husband's entire family
  7. my dog
  8. living in this small town in KS
  9. the Foth family
  10. the Sanders family
  11. the Dehn family
  12. fall weather
  13. beautiful house
  14. full closet
  15. full pantry
  16. working husband
  17. memories of summer vacation
  18. getting off work early on a (random) friday
  19. our big fish in our big fish tank
  20. the van in our garage
  21. the vehicle in the driveway
  22. the bikes in the garage
  23. my strong body that can walk, run, move
  24. my laptop
  25. iTunes, CDs, music in general
  26. my fancy cell phone
  27. allergy medicine
  28. books in the house
  29. the local library
  30. parks in this town
  31. fuzzy warm socks
  32. my neighbors
  33. the BBF volunteers
  34. sponsors
  35. businesses that contribute paper, ink, printing to the BBF
  36. USD 231
  37. Preschool teacher from last year
  38. Kindergarten teacher from this year
  39. Sunday school teachers
  40. having multiple bibles in our household
  41. Julia excited about having her own bible
  42. warm showers
  43. people at church
  44. small group
  45. sweet treats
  46. soldiers who fight for my freedom
  47. antibiotics
  48. easy crafts
  49. board games with friends
  50. potluck lunches after church
  51. my comfy bed
  52. clean sheets
  53. reading to my kids
  54. taking the dog for walks while husby puts the kids to bed
  55. the smell of my kids' shampoo after a bath
  56. referrals from clients
  57. handwritten letters/notes
  58. child-made bookmarks
  59. conversations at Chick-fil-A (among adults, while my kids are having a great time playing)
  60. fish filters so I don't have to clean the tank every week
  61. toilet cleaners that are flushable
  62. yankee candles
  63. pre-planned menus for the month (or even week!)
  64. successful BBF fundraisers
  65. chemo and other drugs that make people better
  66. pain medicine
  67. oxygen
  68. water
  69. in-laws that spend time with my kids
  70. my neighbors who love me and look out ofr me
  71. good tv shows
  72. General health and well being
  73. Companies like Austins, Schwans, and Chick-fil-A who believe in the BBF
  74. my Pastor and his entire family
  75. Other pastors in the area, and the relationship I've built with some of them
  76. Matthew West, his music, and his example
  77. Pictures kids draw for me while they are away (they are thinking of me when I'm not there?!)
  78. weekends
  79. DVD player in the van
  80. family in another state (excuse to travel!)
  81. family in another state (time away makes the heart grow tender sometimes)
  82. 5K runs and friends that run them, thus motivating me
  83. diapers, toilet paper, napkins, and other hygiene luxuries
  84. Sun, Rain, Clouds, Snow, Wind - the Seasons nature creates
  85. DeeJo Miller
  86. Brent and Sarah Bays and their boys
  87. the ACS RFL events/opportunities/experiences
  88. pooper scoopers with long handles :)
  89. neighbor/friends that walk my J to/from school safely every day
  90. Children's church volunteers & leaders that love on my kids on Sunday mornings while I attend service
  91. new pants that fit right
  92. my new laptop battery that husby got for me without me even asking him to
  93. official business cards that were designed/ordered/paid for/delivered by someone from church for the BBF (I didn't even ask her to do this!)
  94. online sermons
  95. margaritas with girlfriends
  96. margaritas and movies or wii games with husby on weekends (a rare treat, but a treat indeed!)
  97. chips & salsa
  98. Conversations about God with my daddy
  99. texts on Thursdays from my Auntie (S.H.I.T. = So Happy Its Thursday)
  100. large children's movie collection

This list took me almost a week to complete.  About 1/3 of the way through it, I came down with bronchitis (and possibly pneumonia as well).  Still, the blessings are abundant. I could have kept going....  I'm incredibly blessed and I hope to take for granted as FEW of my blessings as possible!  I thank God for those blessings I am able to take for granted!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment