Friday, December 23, 2011

Body Scan :: Weightloss Challenge 2012

I'm starting a new weight loss challenge in 2012, which was the biggest influence for having this blog. I need a place where I can publicly report my failures and successes. I guess I just do better with that kind of accountability.

Today, I completed a "body scan" at a place called Midwest Nutrition.  While I don't agree with everything (most things) they do there at MW, I did appreciate having some hard facts to launch from with this new challenge.  I'll be honest and admit that the number on the scale motivates me. I've come so far since my first weightloss journey began one year ago. But, this challenge is about body fat percentage, which should be a nice change for goal setting..

I'll share some of the stats and facts another time because I don't have them in front of me at the moment. The new challenge is through my work and begins January 6th.  We'll weigh in every Friday during a 45 minute "class" (more like a presentation, I'd say) and those who gain will pay dollar penalties while those who lose are hoping to win the jackpot at the end of 9 weeks.

My goal is simple: to win the jackpot! I'm motivated by the money and feel like I have a pretty good chance at winning since I'm already making leaps and bounds with my health now-a-days. I just needed that extra little incentive to get those last 15 lbs or so off.  The jackpot might be as much as $150.   That'll be a nice new outfit or two for my new slender'er body!

No comments:

Post a Comment